I didn't have time to make a detailed page for this script, so this will have to do. This page is essentially the POD output one gets when 'tnailer -h' is run. I'll put up more when I have time. In the meantime, read below for more information.
Basically, this is a script I wrote to automate pulling images off my wife's SmartMedia reader and making web-based galleries out of them. It's a simple script, but a big time-saver (for me, at least) for what it does.
The latest version is 1.2.
You can download tnailer.tar.gz or you can take a look at some examples of it's output here and here.Installation is as simple as it gets: untar the archive above somewhere in your path (like /usr/local/bin). Then run tnailer -h to see what options you want.
Options: [-h] [-c] [-s <NN%>] [-q <NN>] [-d <image source directory>] [-o <output directory>] [-t <title>] [-f] [-y] [-w <N>] [-k <NN%NN%NNN>][-x]
ctime()ouput) is used.
Given a user-definable directory which contains JPEG, PNG, TIFF or (possibly) GIF images, this script creates a series of smaller images, one per html page. It also creates an index.html page for the series, and thumbnails on that which to link to the individual html docs which contain the larger images. Each thumbnail page will have links to the last and next image pages.
A subdirectory will be created at this location and the image files and HTML pages will be placed in it. The name of the subdirectory is based on the date and time, so the script can be run more than once (if you're trying out scaling or quality levels or something) without overwriting anything. The current working directory is used if not specified.
You will need the Image::Magick and Image::Exiftool Perl modules installed for this script to work.
Thanks to Jon Gabrielson <jon [AT] directfreight [dot] com> for a lot of the bigger changes.
I don't know of any bugs in the program, but one current limitation is that there is no consideration given for large image collections. If you have 250 images, then your index page will have 250 thumbnails on it. This might be excessive. I first wrote this script to pull images off a SmartMedia card and make galleries. Since the largest SmartMedia card I have only holds about 80 images, I didn't see the ``one large index page'' thing as being much of an issue. Right now, the only work-around is to break up image collections into useable chunks.
Please report any bugs you find to me at tnailer [AT] 27 [dot] org and I'll try to get them fixed as soon as I can. Also feel free to fix any bugs you find. Send me a patch (or the fixed script) if you do.
William Rhodes <tnailer [AT] 27 [dot] org>
Copyright (C) 2002 William Rhodes <tnailer [AT] 27 [dot] org>
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. You can obtain a copy of the GPL at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.